Plascoat PPA 571 for Cable Trays
Plascoat PPA 571 has been used for the coating of cable trays and supports for the Au Tam Mei water treatment plant in Hong Kong.
The application demanded a high degree of corrosion protection due to the high humidity and UV levels on a coastal location experiencing constant salt attack.
The greater protection properties of the thick film PPA coating, fluidised bed dipped to 250 micron over the galvanised mild steel cable trays, was another factor in the decision to move away from paint, PVC or Duplex coating systems.
Other considerations were that PPA 571 was halogen free, and of extremely low toxicity and low smoke levels in the event of fire. PPA571 meets the requirements for low smoke of the US Federal Railroad Administration and London Underground. Contact Plascoat for more details.
The use of Plascoat PPA571 for the coating of cable trays and supports continues to increase. Other examples are:
- Shek Wu Hui sewage treatment expansion
- Junk bay Drainage Services station
- Tsing Yi bridge
- Dragonair Building - Chek Lap Kok Airport
- Princess Margaret Hospital
- Ngau Tam Mei Water Treatment Plant
- Sheung Shui Slaughterhouse Plant
- Teing Yi Duplicated South Bridge
- Hutchinson Cellular ‘Phone Repeater Station
- Cheung Kwan O Hospital
- Stone Cutter Island Drainage Services Station
- Tuen Mun No.38 Drainage Services Station
- Fee O Lan Radar Station
- Hutchinson Cellular ‘Phone Repeater Station in CLK Airport
- Brussels Metro