Developed by Plascoat, the world leader in thermoplastic powder technology, Plascoat PPA 571 is amongst the most versatile and durable coatings available on the market today. With 25 years proven performance, Plascoat PPA 571 will outlast most, if not all, traditional coating powders in providing long-term protection for metal against demanding environments without damaging the environment. It has a proven track record of unbeatable performance in a wide range of applications.
What applications can Plascoat PPA 571 be used in?
Plascoat PPA 571 is a glossy, attractive coating that will remain maintenance-free for decades. It is used in hundreds of different applications, throughout the world and some of the more popular ones include fencing, street furniture, lamp posts, construction, hand rails, automotive parts, stadium seat frames, rail station seating and wire baskets. Plascoat PPA 571 is one of only a few coatings commercially available which is recognised as being DDA, ‘Warm-to-the-Touch’ compliant.
Plascoat PPA 571 is the ideal coating for outdoor items exposed to demanding urban or coastal environments.
Key features and benefits
- 25 years proven performance
- Superior resistance to sun, salt and sea water
- Excellent impact and sand abrasion resistance
- Premium quality, glossy appearance
- Will not crack, chip, flake or fracture
- Low temperature performance to -70°C
- Excellent adhesion to steel, iron and aluminium
- No requirement for a primer
- Approvals for contact with food and drinking water
- PPA 571 is free of Bisphenol A (BPA), PVC, halogens, phthalates and heavy metals.
How long will Plascoat PPA 571 last?
Extensive Plascoat lab tests and real world use indicate working life of over 70 years. The Swedish Corrosion Institute tests show underground life of PPA 571 of over 200 years and SGS, a global leader in testing, certify that PPA 571 will last at least 5 years in heavy industrial and marine environments.
How is Plascoat PPA 571 applied?
Plascoat PPA 571 can be applied by:
- electrostatic spray, this requires the grade PPA 571 ES
- fluidised bed (dip), this requires the grade PPA 571
- flock spray, this requires the grade PPA 571 FS
- extrusion, this requires the grade PPA 571 XT
- flame spray, this requires the grade PPA 571
The most popular application method is electrostatic spray and in most cases coaters can use the same spray equipment as they use for applying traditional powder coatings. The Plascoat PPA 571 ES Technical Data sheet, Technical Guides and Processing Guides gives you all the information you need to apply PPA 571 ES.
What colours is Plascoat PPA 571 available in?
RAL 1015, 1021, 3009, 3020, 5015, 5017, 6005, 7001, 7016, 7035, 7046, 8017, 9005, 9006 and 9016. See the PPA 571 colour card (colour on your computer screen may not be representative of the true colour). These colours are always in stock.
Plascoat can offer any bespoke colours to match your needs for customers prepared to place a minimum order of 800 Kg's, see our Technical guides for more details.
Anti-microbial upgrade available*
Plascoat PPA 571 AM is an anti-microbial grade of PPA 571 that will resist 99.9% of all known pathogens. It has the same protective performance of PPA 571 but with the added benefit of not allowing harmful pathogens like MRSA to build up on the surface. PPA 571 AM is applied in the same ways as PPA 571.
Further readingBrochure Comparison Data sheets
For more information contact us